Monday 7 March 2011

The Northern spinach


Just added this image of the Northern spinach to the page with the other Geometridae moths. I have no idea where it got the strange common name. I took the photograph last August. I'd seen the moth a few times, but could never get a photograph of it. In the end I caught it and took it home to photograph, then put it back when I next took the dog out.

I couldn't identify it from the photographs I'd taken, and thought no more about ti, but then I was reading a book about woodland insects, and came across its photograph. So at last I could put a name to it.
Me and my kindle

Well I do love my kindle. Especially as I can get loads of old classics for free. I'm discovering books I've never read, but should have, and wonder why I have got to this great age without reading. Just finished The moorland cottage by Elizabeth Gaskell - a great bedtime read. And I have discovered E F Benson - I know probably everyone else has read his/her books, but I just finished Miss Mapp. It was hilarious, so I'll read the rest of them when I get the chance.

There must be thousands like me out there reading classics that they've never read before. Perhaps that is one of the best things about the kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

enter your comments here